NOTE: This position has been filled
89.7 KSGN has an immediate opening for the following position. Candidates may submit resume, production reel/portfolio at the link below. No phone calls please.
If you desire to learn and grow as a multi-media producer with focus on creating and sharing compelling, entertaining audio and video, then establish your strong foundation of skills with a ministry in the active process of evolving and expanding its vision and outreach.
Prior radio experience is a big plus, but not required. What IS required is a passion for excellence and ability to quickly learn.
Position: Production Assistant
Reports to: Content Director
Job Classification: Full Time Hourly – Non-Exempt
Starting Wage: $18/hr
Location: Redlands, CA (not eligible for remote work)
The Production Assistant is responsible for helping the ministry of 89.7 KSGN thrive by creating, editing, and organizing both live and pre-produced content for distribution on radio and online platforms.
Expectations of the Production Assistant:
- Become proficient with audio editing techniques using Adobe Audition and familiarity with other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Follow precise detail with file and data management
- Understand how to package content for target distribution platforms
- Communicate effectively in written reports
The following identification of Duties is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the related work that may be assigned to this position at the discretion of senior management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the creation of programming and promotional campaigns
- Participate in weekly and daily in-person or remote video planning meetings as required
- Meet or exceed deadlines set by management
- Edit and produce content according to audio specifications and input to automation system for on-time broadcast
- Create multi-track audio content for content platforms as assigned
- Record audio and/or video interviews and edit into content segments
- Archive and document media content: organize/save media files, write synopses/descriptions
- Perform tasks as assigned by Content Director and or Content Producers
The Production Assistant may be assigned non-production duties, including:
- Assist with logistics for promotional engagement events, including setup of tent/table, broadcast/recording equipment, etc.
- Represent station at on-site appearances and events
- Respond to Emergency Alert System alerts or tests as instructed by the Supervisor or Engineer
- Perform as a live board operator up to 4 hours per day for station and third-party on-air fundraising campaigns
Essential Worker Designation
Because of the need for quick reaction times and the use of multiple company systems to fulfill duties outlined above, this position, along with other Content/Program staff positions, is considered to be an Essential Worker required to be present at the company’s regular daily work environment or temporary company-designated location. Telecommuting is not an accepted work arrangement except as a rare and temporary condition.
- High school diploma
- Familiarity with digital audio/multi-media production
- Very strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Willing to sign the Statement Of Faith of Good News Radio (view)
- Ability to consistently work well with others
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt technical skills as directed
- Be a self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable, energetic, and displays exceptional and consistent professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the ministry
- Ability to manage time in order to meet short deadlines
- Pays high attention to detail with passion for effective results
- Strong familiarity of faith-based/religious subjects relevant to the target demographic audience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system including file management and search techniques and locating and running installed applications
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to create, format, and modify documents and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to create content with Adobe Creative Cloud software applications, particularly Audition, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Demonstrated ability to work with broadcast automation systems
- Demonstrated ability to work with broadcast telephone audio interfaces
- Able to read computer screens
- Regularly required to use hand/eye coordination to operate audio mixing consoles and computer keyboards and mice
- Regularly stand, sit, stoop, bend, crouch, squat, kneel, climb, and/or descend stairs, reach with hands and arms, grasp and pull with hands and fingers
- Physically and technically able to set up equipment such as tents, audio systems, tables, banners, and more
- Have peripheral vision, close vision (20 inches or less) as well as distance (20 feet or more) and ability to distinguish between colors
- Able to regularly lift or move 50-lb. objects
- Able to work in office environment with controlled temperature conditions and moderate office noise from standard equipment such as computers, phones, copier/printer machines
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with varying weather conditions such as heat, cold, and rain and high volume/loud noises such as those in a concert venue, street traffic, street work equipment
- Able to drive and maneuver a cargo van/SUV and load/unload cargo
- The Production Assistant is responsible for operating within the defined policies and procedures of Good News Radio, the Federal Communications Commission, and any/all State and Federal codes and regulations, and must demonstrate the ability to make consistent compliance decisions
- Critical and creative decision-making is an essential component of this position
- Circumstances may dictate the need to make individual and immediate decisions, which will be reviewed by supervisors, to ensure timely and relevant programming content
- There may be a need for intuitive, on-the-spot problem resolution requiring critical thinking and analysis. Such decisions may impact the ministry’s on-air programming or public representation in the community
Good News Radio is a religious broadcaster and faith-based 501(c)(3) corporation. As such, Good News Radio makes reasonable good faith efforts to recruit from a diverse group of qualified applicants and offers employment to those who subscribe in their beliefs and actions to the ministry’s Statement of Faith.