The year may be almost over, but there's plenty of time to still have some family fun this month.
No matter what, we all have a family!
From our parents, grandparents, siblings and extended family to our spouse, children and grandchildren of our own in later life. With all of its imperfections and defects, family continues to play an important role throughout the course of one's life.
This month, celebrate being thankful and family togetherness with some of these fun family activities that may strengthen family bonding. (List ideas comprised from blog, Tiny Beans)
- Have every family member write or draw what they’re thankful for, and share it around the Thanksgiving table.
- Practice gratitude and learn another language. Say “thank you” in 20 different languages.
- Start a new family tradition, such as decorating the house or watching the Thanksgiving Day parade together.
- Have a family movie night with popcorn and hot cocoa.
- Cook a Thanksgiving side dish with your kiddos.
- Bake a pumpkin (or open a can of pumpkin pure) and make a pumpkin pie.
- Go through your pantry and cupboards to donate canned goods and pantry items to a local food bank.
- Take family photos for your holiday card.
- Play a game of family football
- Read together
- Have a game night
- Get crafty with Thanksgiving crafts
- Practice ways to thank a veteran for Veterans Day on November 11
- Celebrate World Kindness Day on November 13
- Go for a family hike on Take a Hike Day on November 17
- Gather up loose change and bring it to your favorite charity on Giving Tuesday